[tekui-devel] Rich text boxes

Timm S. Mueller tmueller at schulze-mueller.de
Wed Aug 20 06:45:21 CEST 2014

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 16:52:44 -0700
Milind Gupta <milind.gupta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>          Does tek ui have support for rich text handling. I am looking to
> create a Dynamic Rich Text Document. I am looking to emulate a form which
> has boxes whose sizes can vary as the text in them is written. These boxes
> have to handle text with formatting (rich text). Is it possible and by any
> chance any example or tutorial of such a program? I would want to place
> these boxes on a white background so that it gives an impression of writing
> on a document. Also allowing drawing lines or objects in the background
> would be needed.
> The specific functionality would be:
>
> 1. These boxes are on a white background and want to highlight their
> boundary with mouse over or they may have a visible border all the time
> 2. Box grows in size to accommodate text as the text fills up the box
> (scroll bars should not appear)
> 3. Would want to place images as well on the same background in different
> areas
> 4. Would want functionality to be able to drag these boxes around with a
> mouse on the canvas
> 5. Would want functionality to be able to draw lines/objects on the
> background
>
> Any suggestions and help would be really welcome.

I'm sorry, but this is currently out of reach for tekUI. This sounds
much like a word processor's main widget. There is some support for
text styles in the TextEdit class. In principle it can be done, but it
would require a significant amount of work.

> Thanks,
> Milind

- Timm

--
Timm S. Mueller <tmueller at schulze-mueller.de>
Schulze & Mueller GbR, Jungstr. 2, 10247 Berlin,